BC Boards

Denise, Brookecove, soloriver et al, Sorry

Guest hdk9s

Guest hdk9s

THis is a formal apology to you all and anyone else involved. Just in one day we learned why someone would want to breed a carrier. On Sunday we got to see some great dogs work some nice dogs work and some pretty dogs who did not want to work at all. We met some great people who have been in BCs a very long time.

It is such a spectacular site to see an outstanding dog work both cows and sheep. Watching them in action for hours working you can see how form follows function. Yes if some of these outstanding dogs were carriers I would still have agreed with breeding them. THey were an awesome sight.

I am really interested in learning more about the testing and genetics of what to breed and what not to breed. I have come to the realization of some testing not being needed.

Carol and I are truely sorry we were so hard headed. I hope we can move on.

Samantha

Samantha, I'm glad you saw what you saw, and I admire you very much for posting this. Of course we can move on -- very glad to have you with us.

These questions of genetics and health testing are really complex, as you've already seen, and the most obvious answer isn't always the right one. Denise can speak to this much better than I can.

Yes, we certainly can move on. I wish everybody could see what you saw. And thank you for seeing the difference.

As Eileen said, it took a big person to apologize like that and I really appreciate it.

Keep reading and ask whatever you need to about breeding and genetics. I'm sure all the people here will do their best to help answer your questions.

Welcome to the world of working border collies.

Please remove all loose articles of clothing, remain seated and keep your hands inside the car. You're in for quite a ride! :rolleyes: