BC Boards

Training with Wellington update

5 minutes ago, reploidphoenix said:

I see nothing in the video about bad body language.

If you're not seeing it it's because you're refusing to see it.

In your other post I described in detail the stress signals the dog(s?) in the videos were showing. Most noticeable in this recent video of your dog -- the one without the collar on him (I wonder how many more he threw during training when he was being shocked) -- is all the lip licking. Happy, confident and relaxed dogs don't do that.

5 minutes ago, GentleLake said:

If you're not seeing it it's because you're refusing to see it.

In your other post I described in detail the stress signals the dog(s?) in the videos were showing. Most noticeable in this recent video of your dog -- the one without the collar on him (I wonder how many more he threw during training when he was being shocked) -- is all the lip licking. Happy, confident and relaxed dogs don't do that.

Hes not confident or relaxed..EVER. Even before training. Theres nothing that has changed in his body language since we started training.

The collar is no different then an owner yelling when a dog runs into traffic. It's still a correction reguardless.  This just pinpoints what he did, hence he learns faster. His reactivity has gone way down in the house. Next week hes going out in public to help with his barking.

I know not everyone agrees with the route I've taken. Not everyone agrees with ceasar millan either...but some of the dogs he helps have been through positive reinforcement trainers that have done NOTHING for their dog. Each dog is an individual.  What works for one may not work for another. The training is being done with the guidance of a trainer and not me just slapping a collar on and shocking him..

34 minutes ago, GentleLake said:

It does. Locate your cursor on the user name or avatar pic. At the bottom of the box that comes up is an option to "Ignore User." 

Thank you!

If only I'd worked that out before reading 'he's not happy and confident ever'  being used to justify why an ecollar is a great choice for this individual dog o.O    

But seriously, thank you.  My blood pressure also thanks you.  I want to be a helpful person but there's a point where ignorance becomes willful and I'm just freaking OUT.