BC Boards

Finally, our first agility class

Zoe

Well, I have bitten the bullet and signed me and Dylan up for our first agility class on December 16th. I can't actually afford it yet, but if I don't do it now, I never will. Kat's recent videos of her and Dazzle gave me that final spur - thanks Kat ! No doubt, I will be returning with a million questions for you ! And once we start and enjoy it, I know I will make myself afford it. I think Dylan will love it - he loves everything we do together and he loves to go fast so it will suit him down to the ground. I talked to the head trainer the other day and he sounds like a great guy. We have 3 options around here - the Japan Kennel Club, KusaAgi, and OPDES. From what I have heard, KusaAgi sounds the best and the most "fun". I went to watch one of their trials last year and it looked good. Here is a link to their website photo' section. It is all in Japanese but their titles are in English. They post 'photos from each trial they hold. Just click on the "album" part. There are a few BCs in there ! here Dylan can now do 6 weave poles, a teeter ( in the living room ! ), jumps, tunnels, the tyre and the pause table. He knows them all by name and has an amazing wait. He knows a bunch of directional commands and also listens and responds to my body language really well. I just hope I haven't spoiled ( ruined ) him too much by teaching him so much by myself I shall no doubt have many many questions from hereon in so please indulge me. Oh, and PLEASE pray for a sunny day on December 16th - that is very important. DH will come with us so I shall post photos if they aren't too embarassing. ( I mean of me ! ).

Dazzle is proud to be spreading the very contagous Agility bug. :rolleyes:

And of COURSE you didn't "ruin" him! Now he can show off nicely and be the star!

I will be wanting to hear all sbout how it continues! Best of luck!

Zoe,

It's definitely an addiction!!! BJ and I start our 13th week Dec. 22. Learning to direct traffic like Kat does is going to be the only way to do agility with a BC cause you'll never be able to keep up with them on the course.

HAVE FUN!!!