Jump to content
BC Boards

Fleshing knife


Recommended Posts

Dear Ms. Maja,


are you looking for what we call a "skinning knife" - for removing the sheep's pelt from the carcass? If so, there are a zillion of them - try your local hunter supply for something like this https://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Russell-SB12-6-6-inch-Skinning-Knife/dp/B008RBSEMA/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1496221737&sr=8-22&keywords=skinning+knife


Cheap is best.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Due to my terrific linguistic abilities ;) I have solved the problem. I had scoured all possible Polish sites were used tools are sold, using all the proper terminology that could be used in describing/naming a fleshing knife. Nothing. Zilch. Zip. Zero. Nie ma. Slough of Despond.


But I thought it was strange because people used to use them in Poland, so where are all these grandpa's fleshing knives sold along with other content of the old shed?


And then I thought, that of course to name it appropriately for a selling ad, you've got to know what the blazes you're looking at. And fleshing knives look a lot like draw knives, and as a matter of fact you can use a draw knife for fleshing at a pinch.


So I searched the ads for used draw knives looking at the photographs, and first time--tada!--I found two! fleshing knives.



:D :D :D :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...