BC Boards

NY Times article on canine nutrition

gcv-border

I tried to put Kieran on raw for a couple months. His stools just wouldn't stabilize enough for me to even think about moving to different protein sources or beyond chicken breast with bones. And I kept playing around with the ratios to find something that worked. He also scratched way more than he does on any other kind of diet. So far the best diet for him has been the home-cooked one.

Every dog is different and the best diet is the one that dog does well on. I think everybody agrees on that.

My last dog Sara had soft poop all her life, often reeealy soft. She did slightly better on a grain free kiblle, and I finally switched her to raw. For her it worked really well, first time ever that her stools looked normal.

Tess eats mainly a good kiblle and once or twice a week i give her a raw meal, half a chicken or a couple mackerels or a beef rib with lots of meat atached, or something else along these lines. She does great, small well formed stools, no gas, lots of energy. I see no diference in her digestive sistem between the raw and kiblle meals. I think it really depends on the individual dog.