BC Boards

If you are interested in online classes . . .

I cannot recommend the Denise Fenzi Dog Sport Academy highly enough!

http://www.fenzidogsportsacademy.com/index.php/courses

Although Ms. Fenzi's discipline is competition Obedience, she is very welcoming to participants from all dog sport disciplines, and much of what she teaches is applicable across venue lines. All of the classes I have taken have been taught by her and she is just fantastic to work with.

I started with "Heeling Games" last summer at the bronze level. Bronze students have access to all lessons and can read the forums, but cannot post videos or ask questions. It's a good value, considering the price of most online classes, and I got a lot for my money.

On a whim, I signed up for a gold level spot in her "Obility" class. I'll admit I did it just to amuse Dean. It was a lot of money to spend for that, but I ended up getting more than my money's worth out of it. Even though the exercises were very simple, the class changed Dean's entire attitude about Agility. Suddenly - after almost 7 years, he fell absolutely in love with the game! And it wasn't even an Agility class! Since we don't do competitive Obedience, I adapted the application exercises to use them for things that Dean and I do together (like back sides of jumps) and it worked out beautifully.

Now I am taking a class called "Bridging the Gap" which focuses on moving from needing reinforcers on the handler to working in competition without them. All +R based, which is a personal requirement of mine. The first exercise in the class alone gave me tools to take Dean back into live competition Agility competition after a very extended hiatus.

Not only did he earn 4 Q's (in four attempts), but he was relaxed, focused, and happy in live competition for the first time in his life! It's like I have a new dog!! And we are having a blast competing together. And we still have quite a lot of the class to go since this one spans two sessions!

I've seen some discussion of other online classes, and wanted to give this a bit of a personal plug! I am not affiliated with this school in any way, other than being a very satisfied student!! Ms. Fenzi is doing some very different stuff that I have not seen or heard of from any other instructor and I just wanted to throw the word out there since I have personally benefitted so much from it.

I posted the link to the course offerings above if anyone is interested in checking it out!

I've been following Fenzi online for a year or two now, and have always been incredibly impressed with her training, and her methodology. I've not taken any of her classes, but have picked up some pointers that I've been able to incorporate into my OB/rally work, as well as day-to-day life. I'm very glad to see that her name is getting out there more and more.