BC Boards

Collecting info...

I started off with last one the way anyone would - "this will be the last one", but Odin interpreted his way all along. "That WAS the last one". I find it really interesting that all of your dogs know the other (more normal) meaning, as I had just assumed dogs don't interpret future tense the way we do. Instead it is just Odin :)

He plays with lots of people and I often say, just tell him last one when you want to be finished. Frequently, people say, "ok, last one!" and then throw the ball for him again before I can stop them. He won't go get the ball when that happens, he just stands and watches it fly by. This always makes me love him fiercely because I'm sure it is a great test of strength of will, every time. Now, where people like my dad get in trouble is that Odin knows after a short period, say 5 minutes, the conversation has moved on and the person is no longer paying attention so he can usually pester them again successfully. To the OP, these dogs are REALLY good at devising situations where you are like, "wait a minute, HOW am I playing fetch again?!?" But he knows better with me. ;)