BC Boards

I wish my country's glorious birthday were in December...

... because the Fourth of July is probably the WORST night of the year to have to sleep with a shedding border collie plastered against me.

And plastered against me is the only way he can bear fireworks without barking nonstop.

::Sigh::

Mary

Interesting behavioral side note:

When I wrote my initial post last night, I was sitting on my couch while loud fireworks (bombs?) were going off two yards down. Buddy was literally stuck to me: sitting between my legs, head pressed hard against my thigh, front legs off the ground to make closer contact. Full-body, desperate hug.

Typically, we're in bed during thunderstorms, and as long as I'm touching Buddy, he seems to be able to relax. Last night, he was over the top, and I thought, "Uh oh, here comes that worsening of symptoms with age that I keep reading about."

BUT... I finally gave up trying to work and went up to bed to watch TV. Once I moved into our agreed-upon routine, Buddy settled right down and stopped pestering me. Go figure.

Mary