BC Boards

Had to Laugh

Went to help the 4H kids yesterday as they were starting in agility training. I took my 'lassie' so I could run her over the equipment since it has been a bit white here. She is not the brightest bulb in the box, but loves training--of any type. Anyway, one of the jumps was a type she had never encountered (not that we've encountered that many different types) and it had wings made of vertical parallel pieces of PVC pipe. Well, she kept trying to weave these things. Guess I've gotten her to like weaves a bit much. At least now I know one more problem I have to work on.

Pam

That must have been a hoot! We attended a trial in SoCal over New Year's, and one of the fun games was "Blast from the Past." It used all kinds of weird jump wings that either were used previous to some new rules, or for whatever reason are no longer used. They had umbrellas at one, a huge cardboard "castle" for one with what looked like a solid railroad tie jump (it was just a plank with cardboard hanging down), a water jump (just a wide but shallow tray painted swimming pool blue with water in it), and others. The best, though, was a set of fairly normal wings, with a row of short potted plants and flowers as the jump. MANY male dogs stopped there to investigate and water! (My Lucy only cut the corner of the water jump - there were no uprights on it!)

Funny what our dogs see......I wonder what they thought about this course!

diane