BC Boards

Agility Benefit Match

Guest rtphokie

Guest rtphokie

Hi Kim,

You can email Samantha at syseal@yahoo.com She is handling everything (it was her idea!). Thanks.

Hanging out at the tourney really lifted her spirits, and mine too. Not that I had much time to hang out, but she did. :rolleyes:

Congrats on what sounded like a great weekend for your new team and Aspen!

Laura

I would like to say, you people are wonderful. I don't know Casey or her owner but I think it is great that they have the support of people like yourselves.

I've had the pleasure of knowing both for many years and truly it's the least the community can do. Laura (and Casey) have given of themselves to increase the awareness of dog sports in this area. She also started Border Collie rescue in North Carolina back when state rescue organizations were few and far between, and from CBCR sprung rescues in three other areas.

Casey herself, a rescue, has been an example of all a rescue can be, which is, anything at all! I've seen her come from a bundle of nerves to competency in anything from flyball to herding to agility and even lure coursing! She also happens to be one of the cutest BCs there ever was. Truly an enlightenment and inspiration to those who think that rescues are somehow inferior to designer-bred name brand pups.

There are sincere prayers and thoughts here for you, Casey - fight on!

See ya Saturday Laura - by the way, Jen brought me a pine cone this morning! She thinks they are the coolest toy, remind you of anyone? :rolleyes:

Now Becca, don't give me all the credit for starting rescue in NC!! You were there too!

I used to bring Casey to all of my home visits and most everyone would say, "I want a dog just like her". But then I would tell them she didn't come this perfect...that was hidden under a protective shell that I had to work to crack open, and it's definitely been worth it!

Casey has taught Wick how to be like her, pine cones and all... :rolleyes:

-Laura

Hey Laura,

and everyone else, gotta say Casey is a heck of a dog... had her here working sheep, she's really nice. Laura, y'all ARE coming out when Casey gets better!!!

Marti's gonna be there Saturday, maybe me, too. Is there a prize for worst performing rescue dog? If so, I'll bring Ellie Mae, our (we think) Bluetick Coonhound/Great Dane cross.

Are you taking in spirit entries? If I can't make it, I'd like to "enter" Mick, the dog that truly changed our lives.

See ya,

Colin

Great Colin! I'd love to see both you and Marty there. I saw her at the field the other day, but she was heading to a meeting and I was busy, so we didn't get a chance to chat. Yes, we are taking in-spirit entries. You'll have to come out Saturday to meet my new pup (and one of her sisters). We're planning to have some nice raffle table items, including a few BC things. :D

I'd love come out when Casey's feeling better. We'll have to find a time to come out when Pam can come out too and bring her BC/Aussie pup Myst. :D

-Laura & Casey

p.s...Pam and Tammy are both coming out Saturday, so I need your help to give them hell. :rolleyes: