BC Boards

NADAC Question

For those who have done a lot of NADAC (or enough to know!), does the skilled category exist for classes without jumps?

I am entering a games trial where none of the classes have jumps. Can I still put Tessa in skilled for Tunneler's and Touch and Go? Or does it only exist in classes with jumps?

It seems to me I had Dean in skilled when he ran Tunnelers a couple of years ago, but I can't remember. Maybe I didn't. I could dig out his ribbons, but I figured I'd ask!! Even if I didn't, that wouldn't mean it's not possible.

For those who have done a lot of NADAC (or enough to know!), does the skilled category exist for classes without jumps?

I am entering a games trial where none of the classes have jumps. Can I still put Tessa in skilled for Tunneler's and Touch and Go? Or does it only exist in classes with jumps?

It seems to me I had Dean in skilled when he ran Tunnelers a couple of years ago, but I can't remember. Maybe I didn't. I could dig out his ribbons, but I figured I'd ask!! Even if I didn't, that wouldn't mean it's not possible.

Yes, you compete in the same category for all classes you sign up for. :)

With NADAC you enter the category for the whole trial, no changing between skilled/proficient or being a vet in one class and not another. I can not remember all the details but basically you run all your classes with the skilled height group and get that time allowance. (do not quote me though) I just enter and pay my money and hope I fill out the form right :D Oh and run my dog when they tell me to......

With NADAC you enter the category for the whole trial, no changing between skilled/proficient or being a vet in one class and not another.

The thing is that this is a games trial. There are no classes with jumps being offered at all.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense that they would have to offer skilled even then because there are people who would run skilled at regular trials and would want to stay in the same category at a games trial.

But that is why I was confused. :lol:

I just enter and pay my money and hope I fill out the form right :D Oh and run my dog when they tell me to......

Yeah, that's pretty much how it was when I ran with Dean a couple of years ago!!

When you run in Skilled, you get the added benefit of more time -- that includes in the games classes. If you have a 20/20+ dog and run 16" Skilled, you get medium dog time vs. large.

That's why I'm interested. I want to run Dean in Open for Tunnelers to break those runs up. Tessa is in Novice. I know they will accommodate and move them so I have a break in between (we will have to do that in Touch and Go), but having them in different classes where possible is even better. Especially while I get the hang of juggling the two of them. So, he would probably benefit from skilled.

And I haven't run Tessa in Tunnelers, so I'm just not sure how fast she will actually be. She might do fine with normal time, but I'd love just a smidge more as I gauge exactly what she is going to do.

So, I'm glad that's an option. :)

Considering that points from Proficient & Skilled are combined at the Open and Novice levels, there is no reason not to take the Skilled option when first starting. If you find that the Proficient path is preferred later on, you don't lose any points you accumulated in Skilled.

They don't split until you hit Elite, at which time you need to pick one or the other. Although Proficient points can always be transferred to Skilled if you end up making that switch. Skilled cannot be transferred to Proficient.

I switched over to skilled because as Secret said, it doesn't matter for novice/open and I want to preserve Kit's body for as long as possible. The higher jump height was fine for her (she's never been a bar knocker), but I'm a worry wart about stuff like that.

We're slowly making the switch to Open now. I see the day coming when I'll have to think about whether I want to do skilled or proficient in elite.

Archived