BC Boards

Grain-Free Diet

I haven't posted on this forum in ages, but I just wanted to come thank everyone for the awesome information they share.

My parents have a Golden Retriever, and in his 7 years he has always been itchy. For the longest time, he was on this awful basically meat-free dog food. The vet said he was allergic to chicken, beef, pork, and lamb. Renegade never really did any better on the expensive rx food, and was on tons of medications, creams, etc. His poor little belly was red and hairless, and he would chew his paws bloody.

I remembered members of this forum talking about their dogs that were allergic to wheat (gluten, whatever), so I suggested a change of diet. They didn't have anything to lose, so they switched to a grain-free food. He is actually growing hair on his belly again, and hasn't been itching. Renegade has been off his medications for 3 months now!

Anyway, I wanted to remind everyone that the information you give here really does make a difference! This poor pup hasn't been this comfortable in years! Keep up the great work, guys!

Edit: Okay, rereading this, I swear I'm not a grain-free food salesperson. =P I'm just really excited for him and my parents.

Archived