BC Boards

Meet Dexter

Dex BC

I've actually been on the board for awhile but hadn't gotten around to posting any photos or information about Dexter yet.

Dexter "Dex" is just over two now. He was a resuce, actually his mother and the entire litter were a resuce; not sure what the circumstance was. He was the last of the litter to be adopted out but I'm not sure why as he has been a fantastic dog - Great temperment, easy going. He has also been a great companion for my kids as well.

Here is a photo of Dexter as a puppy after falling asleep with one of his toys:

6338399630_8f8c918c45.jpg

Dexter now at two years old:

6332733789_099e2fbbd0.jpg

Wow, what a gorgeous heartthrob of a dog says Eluane! :wub: She's in love with Dex, lol!

Hey, I know what it's like to return! I didn't return until 3 years later, hehe! :rolleyes: Time just flies when we are busy training our dogs. Welcome back!

That's funny. This is MY Dexter. He is also just over two, and his mother and entire litter were also in rescue. And he was the last one to be picked, which is how I got him :)

My Dex, however, Does Not Like Children.

RDM

That's an amazing coincidence!, My Dexter grew up with my kids which I'm assuming has made a difference? He seems to treat them as "pack mates" to play with rather than odd looking sheep to chase...he has never nipped at them and he sticks like glue to my daughter. Other dogs are a different story though...He just about always shows some teeth. I'm trying to socialze him more but it's hard when you live in the middle of nowhere. He's fine with calm dogs but hyper dogs are a no-no right now.

This is one of my favorite photos of Dexter and my daughter:

6343280776_0daf9d19d2.jpg

Wow, what a gorgeous heartthrob of a dog says Eluane! :wub: She's in love with Dex, lol!

Hey, I know what it's like to return! I didn't return until 3 years later, hehe! :rolleyes: Time just flies when we are busy training our dogs. Welcome back!

I'm sure Dexter is blushing right now! :D

Thanks!... Good to be back

Oh, please post some more of your Dex...I am waiting for at least 5 more photos here of Dex :wub: hint-hint-hint. And I'll then send one of Eluane.

Oh, about Dex, Eluane is normally an extremely docile, sweet timid and way-over-the board-submissive border collie but not at agility trials. She suddenly transforms to a bold confident girlie. She will go straight up to a champion male!!!! black & white Border Collie. How in the heck she can recognize a winning dog is beyond me. But she will get right down to flirting and playing and frisking with the male, and if! any other female black & white B.C. approaches she will show a tiny bit of teeth. It is the cutest thing, because she's got such tiny teeth. Eluane is crazy about the champion B.C. Wired and remembers him whenever she sees him even though it is months later!!! I know my girlie well enough that she would go berserk over Dex too....White chest white blaze on the forehead B&W male she acts like a Paris Hilton when she sees that! but eeeee! I just hope Dex would like her... :P

And oh, your daughter is absolutely adorable!!!

Oh, please post some more of your Dex...I am waiting for at least 5 more photos here of Dex :wub: hint-hint-hint. And I'll then send one of Eluane.

I actually don't have too many of Dexter. I need a decent camera so I can take some good photos.

Here is one more:

6351758797_02835cd617.jpg

But the picture is great! It's so sharp and clear! I've seen tons of foggy, blurry or yellow-casted photos and this is wayyyy better than what is often shown....And Eluane wants to see more!!!! She's going to be so excited! and make sure to have one with Dex and your daughter too! Eluane is real good with babies and toddlers. A Thanksgiving Dex and Daughter photo would be sweet! :wub:

My MACH agility friend in Chicago and my brother Ricky same story...Guys are often notorious for not taking enough photos. When Daisy died, my brother was devastated. He only had a scattering of photos...so ever since, I harangued my friend to get as much photos and videos taken of his dogs. And he does so now...Ricky now takes photos on a regular basis of his puppies. :D Daisy was my brother's first dog too. It was very sad. She was his heart dog. Eluane is my first B.C. and my first agility dog, and you guessed it, tons of photos of her!

Haha, I'm still waiting for 4 more of Dex!!! so I hope you don't mind me haranguing. My friends in England want to see video of Eluane so I'm getting my own share of haranguing too... I finally put up photos of her agility. Eluane has so many wonderful friends and supporters in England. They haven't had a chance to see any of her agility pics so this was the first time. The only pics I've gotten beforehand was just her puppy photos :wub: jumping over cardboard boxes :P back when I used to live in a small one-bedroom apartment, haha! How time flies!!!!!!

Wow, what a beautiful, handsome boy he is! and looks like he is about ready to have tons of fun, you can see just by the pics that he is looking at someone. He is the ultimate B) Just 3 more photos to go! haha! I am so looking forward to the next set! Eluane is tapping my computer screen for the third and last photo so she can go flirt with Dex haha! She is saying when??? oh, whennnnn????

Oh, I forgot to say I have two cousins in Canada. One used to be a weatherman in Toronto, but he moved back to Newfoundland and now does weather statistics for the government. The other one is still in Ontario.... I really loved visiting Lemuel but it's been ages! I got to stay with him for an entire month about 2 years after I graduated from college. I was a freelancer then with no border collie so I could just take off and go. Now I don't do any traveling. I got to take care of my Eluane and noooo way am I leaving her in some boarding place!!

but oh, I remember the fall colors when I visited were gorgeous! In Kansas all the foliage is such a dull orange and murky brown. None of the Canadian sugar tangerines, scarlets, vermilions and candy brightness....And the creeks and rivers are sooo clear and so clean up in Ontario countryside. But of course now all the leaves have long been gone, I'm sure... It's almost December so I'm surprised to have not yet seen snow on your lawn, lol!

She will go straight up to a champion male!!!! black & white Border Collie. How in the heck she can recognize a winning dog is beyond me.

You're making a joke, right? You don't really think Eluane can distinguish or care one iota the the other dog is a champion, right?

Oh, these are such great photos, Dex BC. I love looking at them the way I love looking at my friend's gorgeous memory photos and we shared our Photobuckets (her dog died suddenly from post-surgery complications - it was a very terrible tragedy and so many caring folks here supported her through her grief and sorrow) Even in the UK forum, I have mentioned about her beautiful dog. I'm not sure why this is but certain dogs just really call out to my heart. They have all ranged. There was Storme Storm, a very powerful big-boned B.C., a tricolor, but when he ran, you could see all the joy and love he had for his owner, there was my friend's beautiful dog with her white and black patches, and huge eyes that would just melt your heart with a puppy nose to go with those gentle eyes, dogs like these! Now for Dex, I think Eluane is very proud of me, that I found Dex. It's hilarious because when you post your fifth photo, you will see why they are such a great "pair" in terms of their body language....Because with the fifth photo, I will put two of Eluane's photos and you will see how close they in terms of the "light footing". They have the same STANCE, it is such a cute comparison...

Lol, Laurae, I am joking, but in a way, there is a tiny bit of coincidence in what I described. I'm not sure why life ends up the way it does.... When I first started Agility in 2009, we only went to 2 trials, one was a one-day trial because I wasn't sure if we were ready to trial. The second trial- a 2-day trial, she met Wired, Kathleen McDonald's dog, who sometimes comes to Kansas(she's from St. Louis). I had no idea who Kathleen McDonald was, nooooo clue! I was completely new to agility. Well, Eluane kept flirting with only Wired, and they played, and played. In general Eluane ignores all dogs and quickly loses interest. Wired is a champion agility U.S. ranked dog. Well, we only trial 3x-5x a year, and always Eluane and Wired remember each other. Then in September 2010, Kathleen brought Wired's son, Effen, whom Eluane showed very little interest in. Effen and Wired look very much alike, but Eluane was still obsessed with Wired. By then I knew who Kathleen was of course, and I always smile to Kathleen and say to Eluane, uhhh, Eluane you're "out of your league"! ;) Then much to my horror in 2011, one year later, Eluane ignored Wired and went straight to Effen. Being a human, I reproached Eluane and said, "You faithless girlie, you are supposed to love Wired". Come to find out, one month later, while I was on the UK forum comparing the size of UK agility venues versus US agility venues, I went to the website to do a numbers countdown and noticed that Effen, not Wired was brought to the World Team AKC tryouts, lol! So how Eluane suddenly switched from Wired to Effen is beyond me. But! Laurae, you are right in that when Effen or Wired was not present, for the very first time Eluane played with a different male, and it was a non-Border Collie. A male golden retriever, lol! the rest of the dogs she completely ignored as is typical of her. The only dogs she ever bothers greeting are the black & white male border collies. She is cordial, inquisitive, but never plays as in play-bows or dances around like she did with Wired and Effen. But I really think she would be in love with Dex, because his build is sooooo close to hers. The closer the male looks like her, the closer and longer she will stay to greet...

Dex B.C. wrote: temperature almost hit 60 on Saturday which is nuts for this time of year

Eeks Dex BC! Looks like Global warming! Hey a Canadian rose gardener friend told me that it got to be 100 degrees in Toronto this year, and that over recent years they gotten heat-blasted! These temps used to be unheard of. But I did hear that Canada lost a huge section of its Arctic Ice Shelf. :( It was very big news for the Weather Channel. 60 degrees for Canada at this time of year???? :o

Ok, Dex BC, Eluane is none too happy with me for my delay, lol! And is giving me the very angry stalker stare as well :angry: ....Yikes! I better hurry, she wants Dex's attention NOW!!! :P

Here is the cute matchup between Dex and Eluane

6422914705_0569a91324.jpg

2011-Eluane-Agility_Labor-Day-Weekend09.jpg

6422928655_fff73592c1.jpg

Eluane_4yr-bday01.jpg

6392917091_87074737cc.jpg

Eluane_3yr-7mos_Mom-Dad-backyard01.jpg

I'm smiling for Dexter, says Eluane...

6290309805_76e301d686.jpg

Eluane_4yr-2mos_July-4th-02.jpg

Thanks for the photos Serena....Eluane is a pretty girl; I love the different eye colours. too bad she is not close by as Dex does not have any BC friends right now. I showed him the photos and he wagged his tail, I need to find some border collie buddies that he can play with.

Still no snow here....could be a green Christmas this year!. If it is I will have to take Dex to the park and practice frisbee on Christmas day!

Dex BC, eeeech on a green Christmas! One of the most maddening things about Kansas is that we don't get snow on Christmas! only once every 8 years does it ever snow on Christmas! Crazy thing is that when I was in junior high (we moved from NYC to Kansas City when I was almost 12)we used to get very deep snow and very cold winters. Now every year, less and less snow, I call it sugar powder, the only exception being in 2009, but it was still nowhere the way it used to be. Our first snow was at 5:00 a.m. this morning but at 8:00 a.m. by the time the sun rose, everything melted away, lol! Rats!!!!

Hmmm, too bad for Dex and Eluane...They need their snow day! Eluane loves snow!

Dex BC, eeeech on a green Christmas! One of the most maddening things about Kansas is that we don't get snow on Christmas! only once every 8 years does it ever snow on Christmas! Crazy thing is that when I was in junior high (we moved from NYC to Kansas City when I was almost 12)we used to get very deep snow and very cold winters. Now every year, less and less snow, I call it sugar powder, the only exception being in 2009, but it was still nowhere the way it used to be. Our first snow was at 5:00 a.m. this morning but at 8:00 a.m. by the time the sun rose, everything melted away, lol! Rats!!!!

Hmmm, too bad for Dex and Eluane...They need their snow day! Eluane loves snow!

Dex loves snow as well. When we have the first big snow fall of the year he runs out and dives into the nearest snow bank and comes out a "white" border collie rather than black. :D . He loves bouncing through the deep snow like a jack rabbit. Every year is different around here...last year was nicknamed "Snowmageddon" :blink: as it was one of the worst years in last 50 for total snow fall. We were trapped in our house on 3 seperate occassions due to the snow.

Always happy to send some of our snow your way! ;)

Lol, on the "Snowmegaddon" oh, that is so hilarious! Kids are so cute all bundled up in snowtime. And I'm still waiting for pics of Dex B.C. and your daughter together. Eluane strangely is a cold weather wuss, but as soon as she sees snow, she goes WILD!!! And she acts like a galloping ghost rider herself! Snow spraying everywhere! And she likes catching frisbee in the snow too!

Archived