BC Boards

ABCA/Optigen CEA Blood Draw Clinic at National Finals

Pearse

The ABCA will be sponsoring a blood draw clinic at the National Sheepdog Finals in Carbondale CO for anyone who takes advantage of the Optigen 20/20 clinic.

The 20/20 clinic number is ABCA119 and it is active now through Sept 16th. To participate, go to Optigen's website and complete the online form. By filling out the test request online, you qualify for a 5% discount. Entering the 20/20 code during the registration process qualifies you for an additional 20%. Total discount is 25% of the regular test price.

Print out your paperwork and bring it to the National Finals.

There will be a blood draw clinic at the Finals site on Thursday Sept 15th and Friday Sept 16th from 8:30AM - 12:00PM. Veterinary staff will be present to draw your dogs' blood. The location will be the trailer serving as veterinary services HQ for the trial.

YOU MUST HAVE PREPAID AND HAVE YOUR PAPERWORK WITH YOU. Staff onsite will not be collecting money and will not have the Optigen forms for requesting the test.

This clinic would not have been possible without the generous assistance of Ellen Nieslanik who managed to fit it in on short notice amid the million other things she was working on, Elizabeth Baker whose idea it was, and Dr. Judi Leake and her staff who are volunteering their time to offer this service to the stockdog community. Please remember to thank them.

Pearse Ward

Pearse,

I'm so pleased that this will be offered. I have two dogs that I will test at the Finals.

Is this also a satellite clinic? ie clinic that people not attending Finals can also send in blood samples and also receive the discount? If so, it would be good to advertise this opportunity...here and Sheepdog-L...so that those not attending might consider participating.

Thanks to you, Ellen Nieslanik and the veterinary staff volunteering for the blood draw.

Regards,

Pearse,

I'm so pleased that this will be offered. I have two dogs that I will test at the Finals.

Is this also a satellite clinic? ie clinic that people not attending Finals can also send in blood samples and also receive the discount? If so, it would be good to advertise this opportunity...here and Sheepdog-L...so that those not attending might consider participating.

Thanks to you, Ellen Nieslanik and the veterinary staff volunteering for the blood draw.

Regards,

Yes it is a satellite clinic and anyone can use the ABCA 20/20 number if they get the blood drawn at their own vet.

Good news about the satellite clinic. Thanks to all who made it possible.

I tried going to the Optigen site last night and against just now (around 11:45 a.m. Eastern time) and all I'm getting is a page saying the site is temporarily down for maintenance.

The mail-to address for requesting forms is in Ithaca, NY. A lot of upstate NY was hit hard by the tail end of Hurricane Irene. Possibly Optigen has no power, or its internet connection is down for a while.

I'll keep checking. Still plenty of time before September 16.

Liz S in South Central PA

Archived