BC Boards

Pam Returns

I am sooooo looking forward to a week from today :lol:

Pam Wolf will be back down my place for a whole week to work dogs :lol::lol:

Hopefully she will leave the bad weather at home so :blink: , last time she was down (Febuary 2011) we had a windchill of about -20 :o

Our group is really looking forward to having her back and she will start my little "rodent" Elsie :D:D:D

How is the "rodent" doing???

Hi Debbie :lol::lol::lol:

Good to talk to you again :lol:

The "Rodent" managed to pass puppyclass even so she peed once during class :rolleyes: and I let it slip that she enjoys manure :D.

Other then that, she is growing like a weed - 27 pound as of last week and growing in her BC Coat! She is absolutely adorable and charming :wub: and a typical 5 month old fearless Border Collie What I am trying to say is never a dull moment :P:rolleyes::P

When are you coming down to NM?

Congrats on puppy class!!

when am I coming to NM....when it's really cold here. How's that? They are talking 90's here tomorrow, last week we were scrapping frost off the windows...

my blog took a major backseat to pulling together the cattledog finals program, many print ready ads that were submitted ended up being hand written concepts (LOL). I'm relaxing today, I finally was able to clear all of the paperwork off my dining room table, now it is covered with laundry to be replaced by club paperwork....is summer over yet?

Yup! Going to be staying at the same B & B that we were at when she was up here for club clinic meeting a while back, neat old house that we get the run of, there's room if you wanna join us!

Finals is right around the corner, was awestruck yesterday, Wayne was actually out working with his dog...working on his lookbacks to make sure that he would let go of the first group when told. He's also getting his horse ready for cattle duty.

Fingers crossed that everything falls into place

Just catch a ride back with Pam. I'm going to need help with my pups, going to be taking our keepers so far along so that our friend that is going to be cleaning kennels and feeding dogs while we are gone don't have to deal with the little renegades.

Debbie I would LOVE to do that, but I do have a dayjob that pays the bills - well almost LOLOLOLOL

When are you guys leaving and who is all going? Take Liz, she can help with the little rodents, she has all the necessary tools - after all she is a Vet LOLOLOLOL

(Liz, don't be mad I am only kidding ;)

Honestly I don't know when we are heading down that way, it's only a 3 hour drive. Alot will depend on when Bob Johnson needs Wayne and myself, one or the other of us may go down earlier, it's still a pretty fluid situation.

Bob called me yesterday to say that one of Titan OK Corrals was on it's way to the site, set up has begun.

Just pray for moderate cool temps with little to no rain, I'll take a touch of rain over what we have today. The heat we are having today would be a really bad deal, my calves are standing in the shade tongues hanging out panting. Not good, too hot too fast.

Been down to Jack's breeding Bliss to his Jim. Just got back, getting ready to head to NM then up to Iowa, stopping in to say hi to hubby and the dogs I don't take to NM. Looks like maybe Liz will be going to NM with me (who knows she may make the finals too!)

Debbie, do NOT go to NM to miss the cold weather here! It quickly becomes the coldest spot in the nation if you leave this area for it's warm climate!

If it is too hot in the valley are we going to Robert's?

Need to go south...to flippin' hot up here, we hit 99 degrees today...yuck!!! Still in the 80's right now at 10:30pm, double yuck, too early to turn on the AC.

Me and the kiddies hung out at the pool

225421_185639694821221_100001255747455_504324_6628612_n.jpg

Helllllooooooooooo Ladies :D

Heck Pam struck again - its just about high noon here and a sizzling 53 degrees :blink:

Our high today is supposed to be in the mid 60's.

Next week it will only get to the low to mid 80 with 50 and 60 overnight!

As far as Roberts I need to talk to Ellen, the goats are about to kid:) so i don't know, besides Ellen will be gone to do foofoo :blink: stuff I think

Yup, I'll probably be there as a backup, set out and assistant. No running sheep over me, ok? ;) Not sure I'll make the entire Cattledog Finals.

Liz, I would not run anything over you, but then again Rich has been working like crazy on stuff because of a certain challenge :rolleyes: and of course there is always Pat and Caitlin :rolleyes:

Oh, and how could I possible forget Chris and Vibe :rolleyes:

You better bring bodyarmor :D:P:D

I'm gonna have to talk Baron's owner into giving me the dog for a while or Richard will be ahead of me :(:blink::(

I am hoping to get some miles done Sunday night, I'll have Liz rest so she can drive Looking forward to the visit. Bring Bliss and probably Shot this time

• 2 weeks later...

Pam.....Wondered if your place was spared from the weather a couple days ago? Were you home then or on the road??? I saw bad weather all over the place Friday Night... maybe you ought to come back so the bad weather here & in Missouri stops... your farm must miss you, it's sending out vibes to the bad weather gods! You gonna be back by June???

Hi Marty :lol:

Pam and Liz left my house yesterday at 10 am, stopped at Santa Fe and the headed home.

Got a call from Pam this morning, they made it home okay and hit Pam's Farm at 3 am this morning. They did not hit as much as a raindrop.

Hi Pam and Liz :D

Before posting about the fab time we had I will let you rest:) ;)

Yeah, we got a bit distracted along the way by some Native Americans selling their art and jewelry at a rest stop, so we made it home quite late. There were threatening clouds on either side of us for most of the trip through OK and KS. We even saw some very large, impressive dust devils (clear, fully formed, long lasting funnels) on our was through TX. I definitely had a good time but need to catch up on sleep. Thank you again for the hospitality, and don't forget our little competition for the puppies. :D

Yeah, we got a bit distracted along the way by some Native Americans selling their art and jewelry at a rest stop, so we made it home quite late. There were threatening clouds on either side of us for most of the trip through OK and KS. We even saw some very large, impressive dust devils (clear, fully formed, long lasting funnels) on our was through TX. I definitely had a good time but need to catch up on sleep. Thank you again for the hospitality, and don't forget our little competition for the puppies. :D

Hi Liz :D

I can not believe you are awake :blink: I would be in a coma after driving all night :blink:

Hey Elsie will be ready, so bring it on :P

Archived