BC Boards

dog broke stock

Rich C

Not sure I'm in a position to be choosey. Wool sheep would be fine and not interested in a breeding flock so cull ewes or wethers. What would you recomend? Only need 3 or 4. Thanks

I've put some feelers out there for you. Most people I know around here have hair, which I say are easier if you're not caring what breed you're getting. Easier on the dogs, sheep and you for care.

But they will come from around St. Louis area. I live in Fulton, but won't have sheep ready to sell for a bit then it'll be dog broke lambs but they'll still be lambs so not really good for starting a green dog.

Where is chariton county? I live in Calloway county, which is Columbia, Fulton and Jeff City area. I might be albe to find you some around here but it'll take a bit of time, phone calls.

Are you new to sheep and dogs altogether? Or just new to owning your own sheep?

Pam Wolf outside of Leavenworth, KS should have some stock for sale this year. She is on the BCBoards. If she doesn't have anything she might know of someone closer to you.

Thanks I need all the help and advice I can get. We are about 70 miles north and west of Columbia. Never was into sheep only horses or cattle. My last dog was an ACD. Not really trained to work but liked to help out. This new pup is heeler x border collie. Have some spare time and want to give him a job. Thanks again.

I think I'd probably contact Pam cause by the time you add travel to here or St. Louis, the gas added to the price will kill ya.

Sorry I don't have anything, only ewes that I'm keeping and then lambs but they won't be dog broke

If Pam doesn't respond you can find her in members and message her.

I'll have some sheep a bit later. Had a very good lamb crop this year but they aren't weaned yet. Once weaned, I may have some nice gentle dog broke older ewes for sale. I may also have some REALLY nice angora goats (older, so nicer for dog work than hair)

Archived