BC Boards

Stick and shedding

Maja

Tada! We can put the sheep away and bring them back, with an additional bonus of working the sheep against the draw of the sheep on the other side of the gate. I still help Bonnie a lot as can be seen particularly in the first shed, I know. But I think we will get somewhere with this eventually. I think I should work noe on back off during the shed instead of going forward.

In the vid I run to the gate because I really wanted Bonnie to succeed, and I was afraid that the other sheep would join it.

One thing I noticed is that Bonnie shows a great deal of initiative in the shed when it comes to positioning herself. I tell her what to do, but more than half the time I am just putting the command on what she is already doing. I wonder why it's so. Bonnie liked this session very much, I could tell by the way she worked, she liked to have new tasks and to be challenged. I know she's not from a "stellar" stock, but I am very happy with her progress at 17 months, and I would like to thank everybody again who helped me here on this Board. You have been all of invaluable help!

I tried to shed at my friend's with her crazy sheep, but in order to shed, one had to cross from the flight bubble into the fight bubble. And every time I tried to shed, the sheep that were supposed to be left behind attacked Bonnie from the rear. They are real nasty bunch. First time I felt a n actual dislike for sheep. Bonnie can handle herself, but my friend's dog has areal thought time with those mean hombres.

Maja

Archived