BC Boards

Points to Qualify for Cattledog Finals

Debbie Meier

How many points do you think it's going to take this year, I'm guessing that we will fill and it will take 3 to be safe. Right now you have to have 4.4 to be in the top 50 after I sorted out all of the handlers with more then 2 dogs.

I just counted the number of remaining open trials, 33 left.

I e-mailed Francis with that question back in January, she e-mailed me back that she would let me know what the date is, no news as of yet from her and others that I have spoked to about it have not given me any answers other then to tell me that we will be notified.

I have been told that the dates for qualification for the 2011 Cattledog Finals was April 1st, 2010 to March 31st, 2011

Julie, Yes, it was approved to reduce the limit down to 50. Going through the first 65 point earners I think about 40 are strong possible attendees leaving only 10 slots for the remaining 35 point earners and at this point I know Denver and the trial I went to AR has not been added to the standings as of yet. The points I earned will end up going toward Wayne & Jake but I'm hoping to get my young dog in yet as I have also heard of a few others that are hoping to still get dogs in. I wouldn't have even looked except I had heard of another open handler that is making a run at some trials to booster his point tally for fear of being shut out.

We may not fill, but it sure looks like it may be possible, especially when factoring in the unknowns.

Archived