BC Boards

Herding groups in Oregon?

Kadie

Kadie,

You might want to contact Geri Byrne (her e-mail is on the Border Collies in Action website, http://www.bordercollies.com ). She is in No. CA, but is part of the group that is putting on the 2006 National Finals in Klamath Falls, OR (their second time doiong this at Klamath Falls) so I'm sure she knows plenty of people in OR who could help you.

J.

Kadie,

Where on the Oregon Coast are you?

By the way, this is the third time our group (the Klamath Basin Stock Dog Association) will be putting on the National Sheepdog Finals; the other two times were 1997 and 2001.

I am in Coos Bay, but with notice I can travel occasionally. I have two BCs, not registered, just my girls, but they are or will be fixed. (Gypsy has an appointment, Mila is long done). I know nothing about herding, but I wanted to know. Is there such a thing as a dog that is too driven? Mila is wild about chasing livestock, and maybe too much. She had a bad experience with a horse, is not afraid, but had three shattered teeth to show for it. It did not stop her, and it seems like a shame to not train her in something she has such fun doing. Does that make sense?

Kadie