BC Boards

Stolen Puppy

Oh, no.....

I'm too far away (E. Coast of the United States) to be likely to run into your pup. But I do want to offer you the very best BC Boards mojo and all our wishes that you - and your son - will get your puppy back, safely and SOON.

Please keep us updated! We all are hoping for a happy ending.

Unfortunately the reality of this is that dogs are bought and sold all over the world every day and it is very easy to do, and relatively inexpensive. She could very well have been shipped to your area by now, and this would not surprise me in any way.

I am just praying that if someone does get her that they are honest enough to notify me or the RCMP as my son is devastated by this loss. He spends hours everyday playing with her.

I did help a lady in the US a few years ago to find and return a horse that was stolen and myself and a friend found on the web sales listings, so I am hopeful that this may be of help.

thanks to everyone in advance.

C

What goes around comes around and I pray that your act of kindness is returned to you. Board mojo for the return of your son's pup. You may also want to send the pups picture to as many rescues and shelter that you can find, if you haven't done so already.

Fingers crossed for her safe return.

I'm sorry to hear this. I am sure your family is devastated. Have you checked all the shelters in your area? I'm just wondering what makes you sure she was stolen. Is it possible she got loose somehow without your knowledge? If so, she may be quite nearby.

Best of luck, no doubt you'll find her as she's well-identified. I've seen many happy endings on these boards and Sheepdog-L! :)

If we assume the person who took the pup has sold her and these new folks have no idea the dog was stolen I would say your best chance of someone seeing Maybe would be a vet clinic. If I 'bought' a pup that would be the first place I took her, plus they have the scanner to check the microchip number. I would see about contacting the vet clinics where you suspect may be in the area of where the dog could have gone. Possibly the vet clinics have some type of network to stay in touch, fax ect where you could send info to most of them. There is an overseeing group that could get the info out to the different clinics. In the states there is the AVMA, american veterinary medical assoc, I would contact them as well and see if they could help. I imagine there are vet discussion boards ect that they would be aware of.

A vet is not going to check for a microchip without being asked or having a reason. We would check dogs that came in that folks said they found but that is no going to be the case here.

Best wishes in finding her.

Okay, I will cross post. Did you contact the Canadian Border Collie Association since she is registered with them? I am not sure but they might be able to assist in some way.

Archived