BC Boards

innova

Becki's Boys

I am thinking of switchng from Canidae to Innova. Is Innova a good food

Innova has always been a good food, but Natura, the makers of Innova, CA Natural, etc., was recently bought out by Proctor & Gamble. I would bet that Natura will quickly go down hill soon, same as Iams and Eukanuba, which also USED to be top of the line food.

Joellen

I am thinking of switchng from Canidae to Innova. Is Innova a good food

IMO, Innova has been a good food. Unfortunately, the parent company Natura was recently purchased by Proctor & Gamble. They claim that nothing will change about the food. But if history is any indicator, when P&G bought Iams/Eukanuba they ultimately drove the foods to mediocrity (and some would say even worse). If you want to feed Innova just be cognizant of potential recipe changes and watch for decline of ingredient quality.

In the past the biggest problem I have heard/seen is that it is a very "rich" food & smaller quantities should be fed. And some dogs will need a slower transition to avoid soft stool.

HTH!

Ditto what the others just said. All of the Innova products are/were great. Evo was the only one I heard of being too "rich", but the regular Innova not so much. Of course every dog is different. I've feed just about every one of their products with no problems. I still feed Healthwise (their budget line), even after the buyout. I am watching for any changes, but so far it's still the best quality for the price.

Archived