BC Boards

Sheepdog Finals on Pay-per-View

I trust everyone has heard that the streaming video of the sheepdog finals has been put back on the finals website http://www.nationalsheepdogfinals.com/webcast/ for the time being for folks to watch via pay-per-view. The charges are reasonable -- you can pick how much you want to pay based on how many hours you want to watch.

Since I was at the finals in person, I didn't get to see the webcast, so I was anxious to give it a look. While I don't care to disclose how much time I spent watching it today, I do want to say that whoever posted earlier that it was educational was not just whistling Dixie. It almost should be required viewing for those who've never seen a sheepdog trial, and for the sheepdoggers among us it's better than a clinic to watch how these top dogs and handlers address the challenges the sheep throw at them. And there are definitely some phases of work that can be seen better on the webcast than as a spectator at the trial (and vice versa, of course).

EDITED to remove a list of dog/handler teams and where they appear in the video, because there's a much better time log here.

Talk about a boffo finish, those last three runs on Sunday were really something!

To add to the educational aspect, pull up the breakdowns of the 4 judges here

http://www.usbcha.com/09%20-%20National%20Open%20Runs.htm

and check the scoring as you go. It's pretty interesting how the different judges saw the runs.

I've learned a ton watching them so far and i haven't even gotten to the last 3.

(Heather - any chance of getting the breakdowns for the top 40 added as well??)

Thanks so much for posting this! I didn't get to watch the webcast but did get the twitter updates both Sat & Sun.

And thanks for posting the information for the scoring. I scribed my first trial this fall and it was very interesting to see the run "through the judge's eyes" so to speak.

I would love to have the top 40 breakdowns.

Penny, scroll down on the same page where the double-lift breakdowns are, and you'll come to the judge's breakdowns for the semifinals also.

Daisy (and others), I'm sure you'd figure this out immediately, but the numbers on the score sheets under each element are points off, not points kept.

Archived