BC Boards

News Flash!

blackacre

Just got back from a four day clinic.

The Brat aka the Little Muskrat learned to stay behind his sheep, balance, flank and stop when told. He's even showing some eye and style.

That's the good news.

The bad news is I'm not allowed out of the round pen for two months. I even had to take two lessons in there to learn how to do it.

Are you proud my friends?

A.

Damn, don't I know it. Nothing much that can't be fixed by getting another dog. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, The Brat has been getting away with stuff for longer than Stacy's, thanks to my incompetence--and he is damn tricky, so I may be in over my head. Sigh. I'm thinking of sending him back with Scott for a couple of months after the Bluegrass.

A.

Oh yeah, and that stuff about getting another dog fixing everything -- i think there's a limit on that, seeing as i now have dog 9 and dog 10 is on the way - pups are due next friday. Yikes! Love that little Rocky though, she's smart as a whip, tough as nails and hasn't met a stranger yet. I don't guess i can start her just yet though, seeing as she just turned 10 weeks old...I know, Sam's probably got hers started but still.... :rolleyes:

Ah, you missed a step! Get a new dog, ANOTHER one's gotta go move on. OR, you can do the traditional thing, which is not to count retired dogs, frou frou and guardian dogs, anything that's not a border collie, ones that are still in training, puppies . . . you get the idea.

A.

Which would be why there are only 5 dogs in my signature line. :rolleyes: Really, 2 are really my housemate's, not mine. And 2 are older retired dogs that stay home too. There. Back to 5....

I'd love to place Ben with someone to run for awhile but my family would kill me. And he's pretty darned handy when it's time to worm or move really nasty sheep, so i guess he's staying around. I might even run him some this spring since Spottie will be busy with the pups.