BC Boards

Super excited!

I just got back from the "metal shop" they cut everything to size for me and all that is left is getting hubby to weld them together and then I am gonna paint them with a rust proof primer and then a textured paint coat.

The metal for 3 sets of 2x2 cost $42, so the entire cost once I am done should be less than $50.

I cannot wait to get started on this, okay I have done a little bit of the one set of 2x2's but I am ready to get this girl weaving!

I am already really impressed with this method just from the first set of 2x2's. Maya is such a thinker and this is the perfect method for her to learn.

bare metal ready to be turned into 2x2 bases.

2x2.jpg

I retrained Piper on 2X2s about 3 weeks ago. Last night at class she did a gamble exercise, off side, 12 poles, from the other side of a dog walk, and executed it flawlessly. Previous to this, Piper had no idea how to find her entry and often popped out of the poles unless I was right beside her keeping pressure on her. In our yard, she can do a full set of poles from 40 feet away and she can find her entry from pretty well anywhere. I can't say enough about how impressed with this method I am!

Except when it comes to Woo. He drives forward for the toy and runs away with it, as he prefers this game to tugging or fetch or anything that might be considered 'interactive.' He is also just as likely to roll over through the poles or sit like a bunny and wave IN the poles since these behaviours typically earn him food. He is a dog unto himself, that one.

Good luck with your training!

RDM

Wow, that was good thinking to get a metal shop to fabricate those :D

I also did work with the 2x2 with Chase. Having had a dog who had a very hard time and took a long time to understand the weave entry, I knew I wanted to give the 2x2 method a try. Chase never misses his entry. I'm impressed with the method too!

Have fun :rolleyes:

Except when it comes to Woo. He drives forward for the toy and runs away with it, as he prefers this game to tugging or fetch or anything that might be considered 'interactive.' He is also just as likely to roll over through the poles or sit like a bunny and wave IN the poles since these behaviours typically earn him food. He is a dog unto himself, that one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How does one find a metal shop to fabricate these things?

The one I used didn't fabricate them they just cut everything for me. My husband has a welder so he is going to put them together. There is just a metal place in town that will cut the metal you buy.

I am sure you could find someone who would make them for you, but it probably wouldn't be much cheaper than just buying some of the ones online that are already put together.

The one I used didn't fabricate them they just cut everything for me. My husband has a welder so he is going to put them together. There is just a metal place in town that will cut the metal you buy.

I am sure you could find someone who would make them for you, but it probably wouldn't be much cheaper than just buying some of the ones online that are already put together.

probably not...the kicker is always the postage on something that heavy. It often runs more than the actual weave poles. I''m looking for someone more local so I can go pick them up but haven't found any so far.

Archived