BC Boards

ARG! Loose dogs in street

Hubby and I were out to dinner tonight and when we excited the restauraunt we saw a dog running around. In the street. Looked to me like a golden lab mix. He thankfully got off the road into the center of the rotary and joined a buddy of his, a much smaller dog kind of looking like a chihuahua mix. I made DH call the operator for the number for animal control (he never got ahold of anyone) and I tried to catch the dogs.... but they weren't coming anywhere near me. Then ran off joyously running around. My heart damn near stopped as they crossed the road. I just didn't know what to do. If I could have caught one or both I would have put them in my truck (and ignored the squealing of my husband), but there was no way. :rolleyes:

So I called and left a message for animal control about it anyways... but damnit. I hope they don't get hit. :D

Yup I'll join you in that ARGH! I recently caught a huge lab/rott mix that followed Maggie and I back to our car, crossing 3 roads in the process, on a local bike trail back at home.

It was after 5pm so the shelter was closed, but since I have a special direct # I was able to catch one of the staff as they were walking out the door. One of the Animal Control officers came to get him since his eyes were runny and he was too big to fit in my car.

He's obviously owned - had a red bandanna and a martingale collar on (w/ no tags : ). I think he might be a repeat AC customer - he got all wiggly when he saw the officer that picked him up!