BC Boards

Volunteers needed

Cynthia P

Hi everyone; ***edited it is the 2010 championships...i'm getting ahead of myself

I am on the planning committee that is hosting the 2010 Canadian Border Collie Association national sheep dog championships (forever known as the CBCA championships cause there is too much typing)

Dates will be the last weekend in August 2010 and we are looking for volunteers for a variety of committees; Not nearly as big as the USBCHA finals....but we still need volunteers to help.

It will be near Lindsay Ontario; Send me a PM or a reply back if you are willing to help and if you have any super unique skills you'd like to use let me know

Thanks all

Cynthia Palmer

Hi Cynthia, I just checked my work schedule and I'm NOT ON CALL!! So, I'd be pleased to come to help. Are the trials on the weekend only or will they be on the Friday as well? As for super unique skills - well don't put me in charge of any sheep/dog stuff....no sheep and no dogs that work :rolleyes:

Hi Cynthia, That will be the weekend before Labour Day, right? I don't know a heck of a lot about sheep and trialing but if there's anything you need an extra set of hands with I can probably help. I say "probably" because it's better if I don't give a firm committment and then not be able to make it. Nowadays I get so bothered by the heat I can barely function, if it's too hot (and especially humid) I feel weak, sick and get migraine headaches so I'm hesitant to say for sure I'll be there doing a job, but if I can make it I'd be glad to help out any way I can.

I'm in. I have to book my holidays soon and I'll make sure that I take that stretch.

I'm kinda like a big border collie at work. I keep people moving, refocus them from distractions, help them get where they need to be, remind them about what comes next...that sort of thing....sheep, people, dogs...whatever you need...