BC Boards

Cerbie's first week!

Well it will be a week ago tomorrow that we adopted Cerberus from a local shelter group. What a sweetie! My wife has observed that I am totally smitten. House training is going apace. He still has accidents but that is more due to our lapses of attention than anything. I took him to the park yesterday for some leash and return training and he did super! We started out with me just following him around keeping the leash from being a bother, then I took the leash off and walked around and he followed right on my heels. I took advantage of him sniffing marks on trees to put some distance between us then called "come" and he got the hang pretty quick! On our walk home, he was a champ on the leash.

The cat and he now have a truce, he's putting on a bit of needed weight (he was way skinny) and he's learning to play nice.

I'm learning a lot too. Most of all, to think about how the pooch sees and feels about the training. We're being slow, deliberate and consistent and trying to make it fun for him. A huge payoff is when he turns into Mr Wigglebutt when I praise him. Puppies rule.

^^^ What Jan said!!

Also, as someone who lives with a rescued senior BC her DH named "Odysseus," I had to chime in to say that I love Cerbie's name. :rolleyes: How old is he?

Cerbie is, by consensus, around 9-10 weeks. I'm going to need to learn how to wrangle a photo upload site....I've been posting his photos on facebook and folks are starting to wonder...

I'm now using SmugMug, which I love, but it costs $39/year and up. Photobucket.com accounts are free -- at the price of a lot of clutter & ads on the site. You just upload pictures there, copy the link to the picture, hit the "image" icon just below the font menu, paste your link in the window that pops up, and voila, there you are.

I'm now using SmugMug, which I love, but it costs $39/year and up. Photobucket.com accounts are free -- at the price of a lot of clutter & ads on the site. You just upload pictures there, copy the link to the picture, hit the "image" icon just below the font menu, paste your link in the window that pops up, and voila, there you are.

Thanks! I tried shutterfly but for some reason my pics wouldn't work.

Here's a pic taken a few days back:

10864_1165402059906_1373533897_30406307_4246148_a.jpg