BC Boards

Robin just peed on the couch

Good grief! The cat took refuge on top of the sectional and Robin went up and peed on the corner closest to her, staring meaningfully at Brodie while he did it. That's his kitty!

Thoughts, anyone?

Time for 'snip' 'snip'?

I hope you corrected him severely for that. Nothing in the house is his. It's yours and it's time he understood that. If he's allowed to repeat that behavior it will become habit and then you'll have a hell of a time breaking it. I would have run at him and made so much noise (all in a tone that made it clear I was extremely unhappy) that he would have run for his life. He'd have been afraid of losing more than his balls when I was done with my correction. He'd also go back to being leashed to me in the house so he didn't have any opportunities to hike his leg on anything else. (And don't forget to use a good enzymatic cleaner on the couch or both dogs will find it a suitable place to continue marking. And I wouldn't read too much into the cat part of things--Robin was marking in the house, period, and that's completely unacceptable, no matter what his "reason.")

J.

I hope you corrected him severely for that. Nothing in the house is his. It's yours and it's time he understood that. If he's allowed to repeat that behavior it will become habit and then you'll have a hell of a time breaking it. I would have run at him and made so much noise (all in a tone that made it clear I was extremely unhappy) that he would have run for his life. He'd have been afraid of losing more than his balls when I was done with my correction. He'd also go back to being leashed to me in the house so he didn't have any opportunities to hike his leg on anything else. (And don't forget to use a good enzymatic cleaner on the couch or both dogs will find it a suitable place to continue marking. And I wouldn't read too much into the cat part of things--Robin was marking in the house, period, and that's completely unacceptable, no matter what his "reason.")

J.

Thanks, Julie. I wasn't very tough on him, because I was on the telephone at the time and he'd done it and bopped away before it really sunk in what he was doing. But he's under my evil eye now. :rolleyes:. Couch and carpet are thoroughly cleaned and he willl feel my wrath if he even thinks about trying a stunt like that again.

Liz

I thought it could only happen to us, we have a female BC that is jealous of the cat and my wife and she did the making thing on the bed downstairs and upstairs a couple times, but catching her in the act is another matter. She has been house trained so this has us puzzled at the cause and the only thing we could think of was jealously.