BC Boards

We did it!

Vet visit today due to some sneezing, chewing on his feet, etc. Vet says it's allergies (again!) Prescribed Benadryl. No problem--I take that all the time too. But the really big news is SCOOTER HAS LOST 12 POUNDS SINCE STARTING HIS DIET LAST SPRING!! :D He's a slim 50#, which may sound like a lot, but he's always been on the larger size for Border Collies. Vet said he's in excellent shape and to keep doing whatever it is we're doing. YAY!!!! Some good news for a change!! :rolleyes:

CONGRATS!

We just got the same news, isn't it exciting? D is down to 51 pounds, the vet wanted him down to 55. I think he could probably be 1-3 pounds lighter still, but he is definitely slimmer by far. It is wonderful to see how much more energy he has now, especially when he is racing around with Indy (who could stand to GAIN a few pounds lol). Have you noticed the same thing?

Never again will I fall into the trap of free-feeding like my parents do!

CONGRATS!

We just got the same news, isn't it exciting? D is down to 51 pounds, the vet wanted him down to 55. I think he could probably be 1-3 pounds lighter still, but he is definitely slimmer by far. It is wonderful to see how much more energy he has now, especially when he is racing around with Indy (who could stand to GAIN a few pounds lol). Have you noticed the same thing?

Never again will I fall into the trap of free-feeding like my parents do!

Yes, his energy level is up and it has really helped with the hip dysplasia. :D I was a little nervous about weighing him today, even though I thought he looked thinner. Everyone in the office was giving him high fives! :rolleyes: