BC Boards

obsessive spinning

I assume she is spinning in one direction?

Once you can get the spinning under control, you are going to have to deal with the physical harm this has caused, as she will be totally out of balance. Her spine will be curved (you see this in dogs that just do lots and lots of flyball) and her muscles and ligaments are going to need to be worked on too.

I assume she is spinning in one direction?

Once you can get the spinning under control, you are going to have to deal with the physical harm this has caused, as she will be totally out of balance. Her spine will be curved (you see this in dogs that just do lots and lots of flyball) and her muscles and ligaments are going to need to be worked on too.

Yes she spins only to her right but, we had good success walking on leash tonight and stopping the spinning in the house with distraction. You can distract her with noise and she pauses which I think is a good sign. It allows you a second to break her and move to another activity. She was searching around tonight while I was cleaning without spinning. I cant get her to accept hand held treats no matter what. So I had tasty hands to lick only.

We were able to hold her in my arms and cut burrs that have loosened some which is great.

My plan is to work with her every day and get her to look forward to being petted and loved on. We are also going to leave her out of a crate for long periods of time. She demonstrated she can spin in a 30 inch crate.

Lucikly she is an exceptionally smart dog. Another sad thought is this poor dog has been a mother she has very loose breasts