BC Boards

I was SOOO hoping that the Demodex was gone for good

but it looks like a tiny spot on Pache's leg is trying to make a comeback. Luckily the vet told me last time that she would keep an open script so all I had to do was give her a call to get a refill. At least it shouldn't get bad this time around since I caught it early.

I think he's been stressed somewhat more than usual because we've had big machines running around all over the place w/ the construction going on.

Ya know, come to think of it, it was somewhere around spring that I noticed the first splotch on him last time. Do you think it could be a seasonal thing too?

Scout has had to get two cortisone shots since we have had him (May 31, 2005). He is just itchy all over without it, plus ear infections. For 5 months after the cortisone, no problems at all, no itchies, ears are fine. The vet promises me that this little corisone will have no long-term effects, I hope she is right, it just makes him feel so much better.

Is the demedex a topical?

Tammy...Demodex is "red mange" mites. It has to do w/ his immune system not being able to control the mites. I had the Ivermec sensitivity test run on him because we had to do the Amitraz dips first and he had severe allergic reactions to the dip. He's negative on having the sensitivity to Ivermec so that completely got rid of the mites last time, but I have to keep him as stress free as possible. Not easy to do w/ having construction going on at the moment. But I'm lucky to know what to look for before it gets bad again to get it back under control. Believe it or not though, it doesn't seem to bother him to much.

Blessedmom, yes he's been neutered for almost a year now.