BC Boards

Re-post Training May (HD)

This is such a good one. I love how you show May's failed single attempt, and why, and how changing one simple thing not only helped her get it that time, but built her confidence until she could do it the "hard" way, at last. So many times I forget to make it easier (or don't have the know how to see what's making it hard, more often! :rolleyes: ). And I see many times, that people will stop short of giving their dogs the tools to do what's hard - just making excuses and avoiding those situations.

If you only watch one video, y'all (but I don't know why you'd only watch one?), this is the one to see how taking a "dog's eye" view of the work can help a dog over difficult situations.

I should have elaborated.

Your narration of what was going on was really great and super informative. I learned some things to look for on shedding. Not to mention that May looks wonderful and progressing so nicely. Nice looking ram too! Love his little stomp and snort/snuffle ( i know there's a term for that but brain fart is keeping me from remembering)

Great work.

I should have elaborated.

Your narration of what was going on was really great and super informative. I learned some things to look for on shedding. Not to mention that May looks wonderful and progressing so nicely. Nice looking ram too! Love his little stomp and snort/snuffle ( i know there's a term for that but brain fart is keeping me from remembering)

Great work.

Thanks again, Kristen smiley-ashamed002.gif

That ram sure produced some flightier lambs than what I've had lately. My goal is usually 1/4 cheviot for hardiness. This year the lambs were 1/2. It's been a while since I've had that.

And thanks for the nice comment on May. I love little May. I don't know if it's obvious in the videos but she's just a little biddy thing.