BC Boards

Which Video?

I asked on Sheepdog-L and only got a ccouple responses (even privately). I'm asking for a video to update my collection which basically ends in, um, 2000 or so when I stopped really watching TV much.

Which are your favorite working Border Collie videos and why? I've got a pup and a youngster starting Open training. So far the overwhelming winner is Alisdair M's shedding video and I'm inclined to agree. I need a couple of runner-ups though for the future. I'm looking for good training videos and also trial videos.

I asked on Sheepdog-L and only got a ccouple responses (even privately). I'm asking for a video to update my collection which basically ends in, um, 2000 or so when I stopped really watching TV much.

Which are your favorite working Border Collie videos and why? I've got a pup and a youngster starting Open training. So far the overwhelming winner is Alisdair M's shedding video and I'm inclined to agree. I need a couple of runner-ups though for the future. I'm looking for good training videos and also trial videos.

For handling..I really like "In the Mind of a Champion" with commentary by Alisdar McCrae & Scott Glenn.

For handling..I really like "In the Mind of a Champion" with commentary by Alisdar McCrae & Scott Glenn.

Yes, another one on the short list. I may up the ante on the anniversary present and ask for both of these. :rolleyes:

If you would like suggestions for particular trial DVDs, I really like the 2002 World Trial and (if you can still get it) the 1990 Supreme. In 1990, Gwynn Jones and Queen made a truly stunning run to win the Supreme, and there are also notable, famous runner-ups, too. The 2002 World Trial features great teamwork from some teams that are featured on many pedigrees today. Both are from Rural Route Videos.