BC Boards

Things on my dogs neck

dewey1680

Hi everyone, I have noticed these 2 things on my dogs neck. Last wednesday is the first day I noticed them. At the time, they were very small, not as big as an eraser on a pencil. Last night he made a whine when I touched the area. I looked at them today and this is what I saw. They are the size of small marbles now. Does anyone have any idea what they are, and what could cause them? I am going to bring him to the vet tomorrow, but would like to have a bit of a heads up before I go there. Thank you in advance for any comments. Sorry, but I can not get the pic to attach for some reason. Sorry.

Where on the neck? Could it be swollen lymphnodes? Is he old?

They are located about 2 inches behind and below his left ear, I guess behind his jaw. He is almost 8 months old. They are off-white in color. Nothing on the other side of his neck, its weird. Hope to get the pic up soon to help everyone. My pic won't upload. Would appreciate any help someone has about this. Thanks.

Can't help with the pictures, did you read the stickie about how to post pictures? It might help.

Could be lymph nodes but doesn't sound like it to me, although it is in a sorta lymph node kinda place. How's he eating? Could be teeth.

Best bet is wait for the vet's diag.

Good luck and let us know what it is.

Weird!

My sister's dog had something like that. She was acting sick one day, but the vet found nothing. Put her on pain relievers. Then next day, my BIL found a lump on the dog's neck, pressed on it, and it burst. (Bleah.) Apparently, the dog had had a stick or something stuck in her throat, and the infection had progressed outward until it appeared on her neck. The vet put a drain in and put the dog on antibiotics: quick fix. I couldn't believe that something could progress so quickly.

Mary