BC Boards

Bark sounds different

Anyone know at what age a BC's bark becomes that of a mature adult's.

I've noticed for the last couple of weeks that Bandit's bark sounds more mature.Deeper. Besides looking at a dog's teeth to determine the age of a dog,might the change in bark help determine the age?

I think Bandit is 19 months now!

Well, Dazzle still seems to have a strange high pitched, puppy sounding bark. Maybe she doesn't get enough practice with it. :rolleyes:

If anything, I think Dazzle bark may have changed around 9-10 months old. But maybe it will continue to get deeper (she is only 16 months now....). It is an interesting idea though - bark to determine age. Pretty cool if it works!

Scamp sounded like a huge adult dog at about 4 months when someone came to the back gate!! it was only hubby but it was late at night and he sounded soooooo scary LOL!!

normally its puppy sound but for playing guard dog he sounds like a rottweiler! - especially when a horse trots past the back garden fence - drives him nuts LOL!

Ouzo's bark changed into an adult bark around 8 months. He's 9 now, but would still bark-cry, like a pup, if he sees a dog he realy wants to play with and cannot reach it. Like right at this minute, as he sees outside the window a pair of dogs being walked by their owner :rolleyes:

He has the largest friend, a wolf-husky hybrid (Zeb) that lives close to us, and each time he sees Zeb, he's just mesmerized and fascinated and turns to high pitched barks, as if to show Zeb he respects him and he's just a pup. Zeb is the gentlest dog, ever, he's pure and simple majestic and never walks on a leash, just a few feet in front of its owner.

Jackson was about 7 mos. old when his bark went to a deep, huge-dog, sounding bark. Jackson rarely barks, mainly late at night to scare the grizzlies away! The first time I heard him, I went tearing outside thinking some huge dog was about to breach the fench! Nah, just that scrawny lil BC!!