BC Boards

Spear grass in the ear

Kyna

OKay, seriously. Enough already.

Isla just had an abscessed tooth out two weeks ago. She also had a small growth taken out at the same time and I took her back to get the stitches out today and I had the vet check her ears because they seemed to be bothering her. Turns out she has a piece of spear grass stuck in her ear right in front of the eardrum. It seems quiet uncomfortable for her soooo she is having it out tomorrow. Another surgery for my 11 year old girl.

I really do try not to complain but seriously! :rolleyes:

Okay, thanks for listening.

Oh! That stinks. Why couldn't they have found the grass the day before the dental surgey!?

Just brought my boy in for his yearly check-up, and they wanted to run tests b/c I've noticed a change in drinking/peeing patterns. $364. Yikes. Thank heavens the government owes me money this year.

Mary

Thanks for the sympathy!! Like undeserved but very much appreciated.

I hope this is it too! I just worry about Isla and the anaesthetic - the vet wasn't happy about how she came out of it today - very slowly and we still don't have her back. But apparently she is doing okay.

No kidding Mary! Next time any dog goes under for anything I am going to ask the vet to have a quick look in Isla (or Rock's) ears!

It is good to catch the peeing/drinking thing - did they figure out what it was?

As for donaros, I think our vet thinks we are loaded because we just do what we need to do for the dogs - she asked us who did our bathroom because we are just finishing up renovations, she said "oh but we are on a budget" - like we aren't. We have way more invested in our dogs than our new bathroom(s) :rolleyes:

Happy Friday,

Kyna