BC Boards

First time meeting sheep

thallous

Thought I'd post this. My 8m old girl Pepper's first time meeting some sheep.

We decided to let her try what she's meant to do. Went to visit Robin at Shoofly.

Everyone said she did fine, I thought she seemed to be more trying to eat sheep than work with them, but its my first time too

and my favorite pic of her from the day.

post-9158-1234901339_thumb.jpg

We had a great time, and hope to get out alot more soon

Good picture of Pepper! That's Laura C holding her btw - i had her hang on while i went on over to the sheep so we could get a little nicer start with Pepper. And yes, she was trying her best to chomp the sheep but was pretty civilized the second go. You can see in the video that she's tight and not trying real hard to flare out and catch the heads, so i was trying to push her out just a bit so she could feel that. Glad you didn't post video from the first session, it was pretty wild!

Here I was thinking, "Hey, who's the chick with the string? Hey, that looks a little like Robin's place. Oh! Hey! That chick is ME!!!". :D They don't let me out much. In my defense I wasn't trying to fly away - I was just threading the rope along. :rolleyes: What I saw of her second go (I wasn't there yet during the first) was pretty civilized. That is a good picture of her.

Here I was thinking, "Hey, who's the chick with the string? Hey, that looks a little like Robin's place. Oh! Hey! That chick is ME!!!"

I was thinking the same thing. Only substitute "Laura" for "ME." I'm sorry I missed out on the fun - we were putting up new fence (wheeee!!!!!!).

It's greening up pretty fast here though our rain's a bit behind - may possibly have enough to fix that part, tomorrow, though.

Awesome! A merle working! Where is she from?

We got her from a lady in South Boston VA

Green grass? How do you guys have green grass back there? We have green nothing out here!

Grass, whats that? With adding a 2nd dog my yard has been churned into a constant state of red mud. I have mud even after a week with no rain somehow.

Very nice pic! She's a great looking dog! Grady was 7-8 months for his first time on sheep and he latched onto a ewe's nose :D It took lots of words and a shepherds stick thrown at him to let go :rolleyes: He's now doing awesome and hasn't so much as curled a lip at a sheep since that first time.