BC Boards

RMBs

WildFlower

Hi Everyone!

I just started to give Daisy RMBs (marrow bones). I looked through the threads for information and fortunately knew to only give her the bone for a few minute the first time so I didn't upset her stomach! :rolleyes:

My question is, if I give her the bone frozen for up to say a half hour, how many times can I freeze/thaw the bone before it may become unsafe? In a half hour the bone stays pretty cold.

Thanks a bunch!

I don't know that there's any limit. Eventually it gets sort of freeze dried but the dogs still like them that way. :rolleyes:

What I've heard is that the freeze/thaw/refreeze only affects taste and texture, not safety, if the item is kept cold enough. So, YOU might not like the taste of a hunk of meat that has been thawed and refrozen a couple times, but it's safe to eat, and doggies generally don't care as long as it's meat.

Ruth

That is exactly what I learned from! :D

Thanks for the responses - I guess it is pretty much a judgement call. I assume that she will also learn to eat them a little faster than she does now too as she gets them more often. Right now she has this bizzare little ritual that she does when I give one to her. She takes it, puts it down and then rolls it around with her nose, then she rolls around herself (not on the bone but near it), then she will finally start to chew on it. Strange girl.... :rolleyes: