BC Boards

Chicago anyone?

Well, it's official...my other half and I are packing up the dogs and moving to Chicago! It is going to be a big change for all of us leaving sunny Florida, and moving to a place where it *gasp* snows! Is there anyone who lives in or anywhere near Chicago/surrounding suburbs? I am hoping to find some BC lovin' friends up there, and someone who can hopefully refer me to an agility and herding instructor. We are moving around March, but as of yet, I know nothing of the dog community there.

Also, does anyone know if its very stressful on a dog moving them to a totally different climate? Both of mine have never seen snow, or been in severely cold temperatures. I can't help but be a little worried :rolleyes:

Jillian, Camilla and Smooch

Also, does anyone know if its very stressful on a dog moving them to a totally different climate? Both of mine have never seen snow, or been in severely cold temperatures. I can't help but be a little worried :D

Jillian, Camilla and Smooch

Moving could be stressful, but actually, I think your Border Collies will probably like the cold weather a lot more than you do! :D Border Collies seem to love Winter. Scooter can't wait to get outside and run around in a fresh snowfall. Summer heat and humidity wears him out sooner.

Good luck with your move. Always an adventure. :rolleyes:

wow. you sure are going from one extreme to the other! :rolleyes:

I can only tell you that my adopted dog came from Williamsburg, VA. We got her in July, and she is still in awe of the snow...she loves it! Thinks its a ton of fun! We have quite a bit right now.

As for me, I'd rather be in Orlando!