BC Boards

Revolution vs. Frontline & Heartguard

I have been using Revolution on my BC for 2 years. I've recntly moved and the Vet here doesn't recommend it. He suggests using Frontline in conjuction with Heartguard. What do you guys think? Which is better? I have an appointment with the Vet on Post tomorrow morning because the will prescribe Revolution, but now I'm wondering if the other Vet is right.

I've always used frontline on my dogs. Never had a flea problem.

http://www.petshed.com/frontline-plus.asp

I've never ordered it on internet, but am considering doing so because of the cheap price at An Australia pet supply. I'm not sure though if it's legal though. Their disclaimer says:

Pet Shed is an Australian business. Unless otherwise indicated all products supplied by Pet Shed are registered with the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) and are available for purchase in Australia without prescription. Further details can be obtained on http://services.apvma.gov.au/PubcrisWebClient/welcome.do.

Regulatory requirements differ between countries. The products supplied by Pet Shed may not be approved for sale in your country by the relevant regulatory authorities or may not be approved for sale in their Australian packaging. While the products supplied by Pet Shed may be supplied in Australia without prescription, a prescription may be required in your country. For example, in the USA, some of the products supplied by Pet Shed may not have received the approval for sale of the FDA, EPA and/or other regulatory bodies. Some products may require a prescription from a vet.

Pet Shed recommends that you check with the regulatory authorities in your country and/or your vet if you have any queries and to ensure that it is legal for you to purchase our products.

I've never needed a priscription to buy it before. Normally buy it at pet store.

Guest herbertholmes

Stormie's Mom - from one Texan to another - I have used Frontline Plus and Tick Detach collars together for years. I am in West Texas. This works very well for us. The collars have a potent ingredient (amitraz) that you may not want to use if your dog is around children. Read up on it before using. I usually buy the Frontline Plus on Ebay. I found the collars at Petguys.com for the best price ever (4.99 each) so I got my frontline there also.

I have also tried Revolution, ProTickall, Advantage, Advantix, etc. I am sticking with the Frontline Plus and the collars for my situation. The collars also come as Preventic (same ingred) but they are doubly expensive for the same thing.

Alison