BC Boards

Cali acting weird

Hi guys,

Cali is 5 1/2 months old now and the last 2 days she has been acting weird. She is more hyper-active than normal, wanting to play constantly, has started digging up the garden, peed on my leg today, running around like crazy, keeps biting our face, just doing things that she used to do when she was a lot younger. We have no idea what has caused this as she has been good for a while and nothing has changed in our lives that I can put my finger on.

Any thoughts? Do you think she might be coming into season early, if so would that affect her behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Kat x

Welcome to adolescence. :rolleyes: Pups can seem to revert during this time in their lives and the best remedy I've found includes enforcing the rules and a good dose of patience.

It's normal for young dogs to get that way. Although he shouldn't be able to do it. Keep up on your training and enforce the rules. He will start to come back around. Well, except for the hyper part. Your stuck with that :rolleyes:

Also, keep in mind that the regular exercise regime for when your puppy was younger may need to be altered. Puppies wear out faster and easier when they're 4 months as opposed to when they're 6 months. Provide a few more mind-tricks, training obstacles, or maybe an extra walk/romp to try and combat this energy burst before your dear one can learn any bad habits. :rolleyes: