BC Boards

Barker Days - Colorado - September 6, 2008

Last year, I attended the most amazing pool party for dogs - the city of Parker, CO, closes the community pool for the season and opens it, for one day, for dogs. It was so much fun, for Ouzo and I. He got to dive and swim in a swimming pool for the first time in his life - he was used to the muddy water from the dog parks, he tried his paws for the first time at some agility obstacles, and met lots and lots of dogs.

Of course, this is the kind of event where if your dog is not confortable being around hundreds of unknown dogs, you better skip it. But if you're used to going to the dog park and especially if your dog LOVES water, this is the place for you.

This year it's happening on Saturday, September 6th, from 9 AM to 3 PM. Here's more info about this event.

I am planning on being there with Ouzo, and would love if anyone else from CO would join us. There were BUNCHES of Border Collies last year, but we didn't know anyone.

Here are some pictures from last year, to give you an idea of what kind of fun to expect :rolleyes:

Looks like a blast, Anda! (Strangely enough, I had just barely finished looking at a picture in the paper of a local pool that opened up yesterday afternoon for dogs because they were closing it to clean it for the season when I read your post. It looked like a lot of fun, but we didn't know about it. :rolleyes: )

My dogs haven't used such nice clean water before. :D Oh well, maybe next year we can try it.

I'll look foward to seeing your pictures of Ouzo at this year's Barker Days.

I SO wanted to go to that this year (especially after seeing your pics from last year)!! Why did they pick that day? We're doing a disc dog demo so we won't be able to go. But I'm sure you will take lots of pictures and make me wish I was there! Right????

We can simply meet there - the parking lot will be crazy, but there are enough side streets to find a spot. Let's say 10ish? I'll give you a call when I get there.

The address for the O'Brien Park is South Parker Road & E Main Street, Parker, CO 80138. You can see it on Google maps, the park and the swimming pool are shown on the satelite version. Don't forget your camera :rolleyes: I am wearing flip flops, there will be a lot of water everywhere!

P.S. Make sure Taz has his rabies tag, that was the only condition to let dogs in last year.

I think that should be ok - I remember last year someone was at the entrance, on the phone with their vet, for the same reason, then I saw them inside shortly. But if you want, you could call and ask : "For more event information, call the Parker Recreation Center at 303-841-4500."