BC Boards

Lanyards

Well, I finally finished my first wire-wrapped lanyard. Once I sat down and did it, it only took me a few hours. I couldn't decide on a color, so I made it a bunch of different colors. I think my next one will be with black and white beads. :-)

2a4sfah.jpg

Jodi

Very pretty... you should consider selling them :rolleyes: more colors are more fun anyway!

Thanks thanks! The beads I am using are some beads that my mother left us girls (the sisters) so I am not ready to part with them yet ... but I am shopping for some more beads and have come up with some cute holiday/seasonal themed ideas, so we'll see how they turn out. We have a trial coming up on Halloween day ... hmmmm ....

Jodi

They are very pretty, yet they would break when I'm whistling'.. Don't mean to "bust your bubble" but some of us need a sturdy kinda whistle. I don't look "purdy" on the trial field.......do you?"LOL

They are very attractive Jodi, for those of us that don't "don't mess up" LMAO.

Thank you, Dianne. If there is a situation where I get snagged up to the point of stressing the chain-like wire-wrapping, I would want it to break. Unlike a single strand of beads, I won't lose all the beads ... just a link or two. I loved my mother dearly, and I figured what better way to honor her than to take the beads she loved to work with and make something functional out of them that I will wear all the time? If you're looking for a lanyard you can swing from, Border Collies in Action has horsehair ones that I'm sure would serve your purpose beautifully. And heck, a lot of people wear them and think they very "purdy"! But lanyard? Whistle? Sounds like you and Usher are doing well! When are you trialing? The Idaho Fair is at the end of the month. Will we see you there?

Jodi,

Those are very nice! Wish I were talented enough to make something like that. My mum left me quite a fair number of beads. Do you know of any techniques that involve beading with something stronger, such as leather or perhaps hemp? I have gotten caught more than once on a fence (yes, I am that graceful) and I would hate to break my lanyard. Right now, I have the very un-purdy kangaroo braided leather version, but I wanna be in the purdy crowd!

I am an Aunties Beads junkie. Karla has a video up that might be a little over the top for what you're looking for, but it might give you some ideas.

I'll keep an eye out. I was actually tooking to find something "purdy" to do with leather also.

Jodi

I've had my stuff for years, and used to buy all kinds of stuff at a warehouse in Southern California when I did a lot of beading with my mom years ago. But yes, Michaels has a lot of the stuff, or you can order stuff online through Aunties Beads, or go to one of your local bead stores. Michaels is fine for some stuff, but you'll see that a local bead store, while a little more expensive, has a much better selection. We don't have a giant bead warehouse here in Idaho, but I heard there's one in Washington ... maybe Oregon ... ? ::sticking my fingers in my ears and singing loudly::