BC Boards

Tiga stayed at a kennel again

We go away a lot on the weekends in the summer. A lot of the time Tiga comes with us but sometimes it just isn't feasible. Normally when this happens, we have a few different friends that he will go stay with. He is familiar with all of the people we leave him with and is always an angel. Well recently we ran into the problem of not having a place to put him. Usually when this has happened in the past, at least one of us stays home with him. A friend of ours that Tiga had never met opened a kennel but it is so different from any other one that I have seen. It happened just in time. This place is fantastic! Tiga has been back for a second visit this past weekend and he'll be going there again in August. They are no cages, they all have their own room! They have bigger rooms for families with more then 1 dog too. There are toddler beds for the dogs and lots of toys. The dogs get a minimum of 3 hours of exercise per day with at least 7 trips outside to potty and exercise. The first time they didn't have a caged in area so no off lease, but this time they had the fence up. They will only take 8 dogs at a time and this is what she does for a full time job. The prices are very reasonable, in fact comparible to kennel's with cages and barely any exercise around here. Anyone else have a similar place they leave their dogs? I wish I had thought of it! LOL! Tiga really seems to enjoy himself, and she sent me pics. I just wanted to share how happy I am with my experience with them.

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6397.jpg

IMG_6399.jpg

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6406.jpg

IMG_6421.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

Well, cleaning up those toddler beds is gonna be tough, but if they're up for it... Why not?

When he has to be someplace the dogs can't go, my father sends his gun dogs to a "doggie daycare" that he just loves - the dogs love it too. Lots of supervised play & inter-dog socialization, and some light obedience work tossed in, too. It's not as pitcuresque as that place, though!

Tiga looks pretty happy in the doggie bed. How cute! And my, look at all those chubby little friends she can get help inspire to get into the exercise program! Lol

They are really into it. One of them used to work at the SPCA and is trained to assess a dogs temperment. We had to bring Tiga out there prior to his first visit so they could meet and she could assess him. The blanket on the bed is Tiga's that we brought out there for him, but I see what you're saying about the cleaning. This is her full time job and I think it's a bit slower during the week. They built it in what used to be the garage and she spends the whole day out there with the dogs. At night, she has a baby monitor out there that she sleeps with beside her bed so that if any of the dogs are in distress she can go check on them. I hope she can keep up with it because I love it. I'll take it over from her if she wants to give it up. lol!

Neat! What a fun dog bed. That's wonderful to have a place that you like so much and is reasonable too. We went on a trip last month to New York and left the two monkeys with a local Doggie Day Care. They did a great job, everyone was happy and we really like the place so it was worth it, but I did find it ironic that the hotel bill for our human lodging was within .50 cents of what the doggie day care and boarding was for the same time of almost a week, although humans way outspent on food and drinks compared to the pups.

The beds are super cute. Tiga didn't seem to mind that he got the pink room. He is in touch with his feminine side. lol.

Ours ended up technically being more. The dog bill was only $25 but we camped so our "hotel" for the night didn't cost a cent. :rolleyes: