BC Boards

Need help with jewel

Jewel is a rescue so I dont know a thing about her except she was physically abused as a pup.

Her new wrinkle in behavior is to become so excited(it looks happy) when my husband gets ready for work she looks like she might explode. She jumps at him hard mostly from behind esp when he kisses me goodbye.

Should I have him give her a dog cookie as a distraction? Should I be doing something like clicking her for calmness?

no she tries to go when I leave but none of the same behavior. Returning is usually normal happy your home behavior.

Also her old behavior towards him used to be to jump on my lap when he tried to say goodbye and give me a quick kiss.

My husband doesnt give any of the dogs attention. he's become a Nice dog pat on the head type of person.

As for me Jewel has usually been out of our daughters bed an hour played with Dal ate breakfast been scratched by me and the kids saw them off on the bus. Then we all share my breakfast and get more rubs and scratches.