BC Boards

Moving

I mentioned a couple months ago that we were contemplating a move to CO. Then DH turned the job down and I forgot all about it.

Well....skip a couple months and here it is again. He took the job! He's so worried about his present job that he feels like it's the only thing we can do. Finding a job down here in AR is next to impossible.

DH is leaving on the 23rd of June. I'll follow when I get this place sold or when I can't stand being here anymore without him. I'm figuring it'll take a year or so to sell so it still seems like it's not really happening but DH only has a few weeks so that part feels really real and really scary.

We might have found a place in Rifle. Still sounds way to good to be true so I'm not even going to think about that part.

So much to do, so much to plan. I'm going to have to get rid of the farm animals. I think that is one of the the worst things I've ever had to do. They are all so much of my life, I can't imagine not having them. I plan on re-starting the farm once I know CO and get established but that's going to take some time. It's such a change and so daunting with just the dogs and fam. I can't even begin to manage to take the whole farm.

I'm selling my flock of sheep soon so that I won't be tied down with no farmsitter (DH's job), I think I've found Al the llama a good place to go and still need to find a place for the LGD's. I'd rather place them in the perfect home/farm than sell them for profit. Timing is crucial as they need a job, sheep need a guard so they have to go at the same time. If anyone needs 2 of the best guard dogs around, please contact me. btw Lumpy doesn't steal lambs anymore, so they're even good with newborn lambs. Pass that info on to anyone you think might be in need. I love them more than I ever thought I could. I"m thinking of keeping Lumpy, he'd be ok sheepless for a while and he likes the blackdogs but Lonesome has to have sheep or he'd be miserable. He's also scared of Mick so living as a happy pack would be hard for him.

We'll be living in Rifle or somewhere between there and Glenwood Springs. Anyone close?

It's like reading a novel and not being albe to read the next chapter only it's my life. I'm to old for this adventure but here we go.... :rolleyes:

Kristen

Thanks Laura

I'm bouncing between excited, bummed, and totally freaked but being CO is in the + box. I'm pretty sure you told me before but are you close at all to the places I mentioned?

Kristen

That's great! It's always exciting to move. If it's across town or states away. But no matter how different or how strange it is everything will be ok. Are you having to give up all of your dogs? I hope not.

No AJ

I can hardly think about giving up the farm animals. I would NEVER give up the dogs. If I could make house dogs out of the LGD's I'd probably try to keep them too!

I think I'd live in my car with all the dogs if I had too. They are my family, I just can't imagine!

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm gonna needs lots of that!

K~

Hang in there, Kristen! It is scary to be moving so far away from everything you're used to, but I think that that you will love it. You're moving to a beautiful area (I love all of the great little towns along that I-70 corridor). I live in Salt Lake City, but it's only about 5 1/2 hours away. :rolleyes: Seriously, Rifle is a very nice place and you will be very close to a lot of great areas (skiing, wine country, deserts, farm areas, etc.) My son is in love with Glenwood Springs and begs to go there at least once or twice a year to sit in the hot springs and hike around.

Good luck to you!

Wow, how exciting! I've never been to Rifle, but Colorado is wonderful. It's a great place to be, so although it's a scary and overwhelming thing right now, I think that you will love it here and be happy with the choice you guys have made. :D

Now I know why you had asked where Lakewood was in the other thread! :rolleyes: