BC Boards

OT ~ Report on Mo.

Well the little guy eats 4 meals a day and now has a regular kitten belly. The way he plays and gets into stuff, you would never know he is blind in one eye. I'm still worried about the scar on the good eye. But that could just be me, it just doesn't seem to be fading. But Mo is getting around the living room well and any other areas he has taken off into. Sam, the border collie, is gently working on getting Mo to play with him. They have been giving small nose to nose kisses. As for Molly, the resident killer cat, she is barely noticing him. He was fussing while I was holding him up and leaning to pet her. She acted as if she didn't hear him. However, when Mo zoomed aross a room she did notice. I grabbed her and held her for dh to get Mo. Molly barked a few times but she wasn't even attempting to claw me to get to him. When I put him back in his just cleaned crate ( rabbit pen) she watched him but no growls, twitching of tail or killer looks. She literally just layed down and watched for a bit. Then she went on about her business. So I see her settling into him being a permanent member of the family.

Only thing that bugs me is when he does his washing,he sometimes accidently pokes/claws his bad eye. Course, it still pokes out some.

Sounds like trouble on four paws - or will be soon. Don't worry about his eyesight - we had one that was nearly blind - could only see very bright light, aka headlights, and she did fine - even insisted on going outside (she nearly ripped the screen door to shreds if we didn't let her out when she wanted to go). My parents have one that is totally blind - and does fine. A lot of people don't even notice that my parents' cat or our former girl were blind. So no matter how it turns out, he'll be fine - just takes time for them to get used to things.