BC Boards

Cute Story about my Pup!

The other day, Odin and I were at the Park, as usual. We were there for a few hours when my brother in law came outside (the park is right outside his apartment building) and asked if I wanted to go to the video store with him. I said yea, why not. So off we went, me him and Odin.

We have to walk by my apartment building to get to the video store, and it isn't a path we usually travel. The park and lake and trails are all in the opposite direction, so the direction to the video store usually means 'time to go home' to Odin.

So Odin was walking so slow and calm, it was such a refreshing change from his usual constant why-are-you-going-so-slow-mom? pulling.

Anyway, as we get closer to my building he goes a little slower, sniffing the grass a little here and there, obviously trying to stretch his time outside as much as possible because he thinks he's going in. I never paid much attention to his calmness on the way back from the park before, I guess I always assumed that he was just tired from all the romping!

Well, I wish I would have a video of the look on his face when he realised that we weren't going up those dreaded steps!

I swear, it was like "HOLY CRAP! We're going this way! YAY!!!" * pull pull pull tug tug tug go go go*

Lol, so anyway, every day since, on our way back home from the park, he still walks slowly - until we get to the steps . . . then he suddenly bolts forward trying to pull me onward toward the video store . . . when I try to turn him around he lays flat to the ground, digs his nails into the sidewalk and gives me his most rebellious look ever, like "But mom I wanna GO!".

Anyway, I thought it was adorable. Anyone got any cute stories to share?

I gave Dal a smoked ham bone and well he's not too smart in the hiding dept first he stuck it in the middle of the lilac tree. Well he was so subtle about it being there that it might as well have had a look here sign. So Maddie pulls it out in the open.

Later tonight I go out on the porch and Dal is covered in mudd it takes Maddie about 10 mins to discover which dirt pile he burried it in and they spent the better part of an hour with maddie diggin it out with her paws and Dal using his nose to recover it.