BC Boards

Painting your own equipment

I'm in the process of making a teeter and am ready to paint the plank. I'm just not sure how much of the ends to paint yellow. Eventually I'd also like to make an A frame, but haven't yet figured out dimensions and size of the contacts on that either. One thing at a time though, and right now it's the teeter. Can anyone tell me how much to paint yellow? Thanks.

I made most of my equipment, and decided I didn't care where, or if there were yellow zones. It is more important that you have solid contacts, and solid contacts should be well within the yellow, so, it's almost academic as to where to put the yellow. You can just leave it the solid colour, and then decide where you want your dog to be.

On the website for the organization you do you can find the size of the contacts...

But - like what was already said - I don't think it matters. I do thinkt that you should paint the ends yellow so it looks the same to the dog, but how much you paint yellow really doesn't matter unless your contacts are always close calls.

Thanks for the input and the link. I'm not actually competing, I'm just making the equipment for home use. I guess in that case it may not matter if it's exactly right, but I thought I'd make it as close as possible.