BC Boards

jeeves update

post-7750-1193081120_thumb.jpgpost-7750-1193081131_thumb.jpgpost-7750-1193081159_thumb.jpgpost-7750-1193081207_thumb.jpgHi, havent posted in a while but i thought you might like to see some new pics of jeeves. Hes now fifteen weeks old and weve managed to get him to sit, stay, lay down, and wait before he fetches his ball. At fifteen weeks we think this is good but if anyone has any ideas of what else we can teach him im open to suggestions. He seems to learn everything in about a day and were running out of ideas. He also comes on command and is great of the lead however on the lead he still pulls quite a bit especially when we first go out. Also does anyone think his fur will grow any longer.

Cute pics! He obviously has no clue that the ogre is about to munch his little fuzzy butt!

My neighbor has seen local stock dogs riding horseback, in front of the riders. When they've got cattle to move, they jump off, run and do the job, and jump back on for a while. You could start Jeeves early...

Cute pics! He obviously has no clue that the ogre is about to munch his little fuzzy butt!

My neighbor has seen local stock dogs riding horseback, in front of the riders. When they've got cattle to move, they jump off, run and do the job, and jump back on for a while. You could start Jeeves early...

Hehehe that would make my girlfriend jealous, i think if jeeves rode her horse they would look like siamese twins. :rolleyes:

'Drop It' is a good command especially for a puppy along with 'Leave It'. Does he know 'Come'? 'Stop' or 'Halt' is a good one. If he knows 'Come', get him to wait in a spot, walk about 15 feet away and say 'Come'. When he's about 1/2 way to you, tell him to 'Halt'. I try to think of different scenarios and teach commands from those. Say one or both of our dogs are a distance away from me for some reason (with DH) and starts running towards me. If I need to stop them for some reason before getting to me (if I'm across the road), I will want them to listen to me without even thinking about it.

First time I've ever seen pictures of a BC/horse cross :-)

Hehehe our smallest horse yet. And thankyou (our boys) good tips, he does wait on command and we live near a main road so hes pretty good in that respect. I will try and get him to wait from a distance as that sounds good for his safety. We found a good video on youtube by a lady called silvia trkman so we now have a whole host of things to teach him, let the fun begin. By the way if any of you havent seen it its a great clip. Thanks all.......... :rolleyes: